Monday, August 25, 2008

The Day After the Night Before.

I can't tell you too much about the first leg of SiroWak as after two months at the Smashed Surfcamp and one hell of an opening party I was absolutely dead to the world for the first six hours, curled up on the middle seat with Amanda the Panda. I was assured upon my awakening that the drive was stunning, mountainous all the way through the petering out of the Basque country and beyond. Spain is really surprising like that, I always thought it to be flat but it's not at all, for the most part its either mountainous or tablelands. We pulled off the highway in the pursuit of somewhere tranquil to pass the night and lick our wounds and stumbled across the delicious little town of Arrand and after wandering through the narrow streets and marvelling at Spain's 4567th amazing cathedral we found a cafe for a quick beer and a river by which we slammed our tents and cashed in the hours of sleep we were all owed. I must say that my night was one of tossing and turning, partly because I slept all day and also because PeƱos is a man of the snore. Nevertheless I woke up full of beans because I was in Spain and we were headed that day to Madrid....

No comments: